Congress is guarantee of scams, instability, corruption: PM Modi | Himachal-Pradesh Election News

KULLU/ SUJANPUR: Seeking another term for stability in Himachal Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday characterised the electoral battle in the state as between “enemy of development” Congress and “pro-development” BJP, saying people will get “double benefits” if the saffron party is voted back to office again.
Addressing a string of rallies, Modi said Congress means instability, scams and guarantee of obstruction in development works. He accused Congress of “betraying” the people of Himachal when it was at the Centre and also obstructing development after he took office as PM in 2014.
He said during Congress government at the Centre and in the state, all development projects came to halt. “All projects were to be implemented on a 60:40 basis with Centre giving 60% of the cost and the rest 40% coming from the state. Since Himachal couldn’t pay, projects were shelved. But we removed this condition. This is how a double-engine government works,” he said.
The PM referred to the ongoing leadership tussle in Congress-ruled states like Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh saying that the party has governments in just two states but news about them comes out only for wrong reasons and not for any development work.
“Congress can never give a stable government to Himachal and neither do they want others to be stable … Congress is the guarantee of instability, corruption and scams,” he said.
Modi highlighted how voters of several states like Tamil Nadu, Odisha, West Bengal, UP and Gujarat have discarded Congress for decades. “People in so many states have kept Congress out of power because they have so much anger against this party,” he said.
Urging people to change the pattern of voting out the party in government, he cited the example of Uttarakhand which changed the old tradition and re-elected BJP this time. “Parties like Congress, when in power, don’t work thinking the government will change after five years. So all their focus is on making money. We work for the people everywhere. When a government repeats itself, it becomes accountable and answerable to the public,” the Prime Minister added.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.